I’ve been trying to optimise a site for a friend’s driver training company recently, having never done much search engine optimisation before its been an interesting learning curve. I’ve been mainly optimising for Google seeing as though they drive the most traffic nowadays and the main points from my minimal understanding are as follows:
- Being externally linked from other high ranking sites
- Good page names and titles
- Keywords appearing in the page content (sounds obvious I know)
- Relevant (and not abused!) ALT tags
- Content of hyperlink anchor tags being relevant keywords
I’ve added them in order of preference as far as I can tell. Anyone got any other tips for a quick win regarding SEO?
BTW: This post wasn’t just a needless ramble to justify linking the site from a (fairly) well ranking site