8 Random Things
Ok since Marc pinged me on this and I’m currently not exactly busy I thought I’d share 8 random things about me with you all:
1. I’m currently sitting in a Coffee Republic in Reading (UK) town centre. What am I doing here apart from drinking latte? Well I’ve just downloaded one of the VS2008 express edition betas and I’m messing around with that.
2. During my formative years I was a fairly successful choir singer! I’ve performed at the Royal Festival Hall and even got through to a last round audition for a part in Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat. Oh how my life would be different if I got that part 🙂
3. A few years ago I was fairly heavily into fishing and wrote a monthly article for a well known (if you move in those circles) carp fishing magazine. Does the weirdness ever end.. I also had several endorsements with major bait and tackle companies.
4. My middle name is Joseph. It was going to be my first name but in the end mops an pops decided to name me after a dog. Nice.
5. Um not really about me but my brother Mike just got a job at Apple. Cheap Apple stuff here I come!
6. I’m waiting for my girlfriend to finish work and we’re going to see the Simpsons movie. I absolutely love the Simpsons, almost as much as South Park. I regularly ponder who is the greatest character of all time: Homer or Cartman?
7. During secondary school, I was assigned some homework for English class to write a poem. Unfortunately due to prolonged bouts of Mario Kart I didn’t get it finished in time and instead plagiarized the lyrics to a Smiths song How Soon is Now? and claimed it as my own. A year later our school published a book of the best poetry from select students and yes, you can guess what happened. “My” poem was published and pretty soon the school was flooded with reports that the book had ripped off copyright material. My defense was that I was never asked if I wanted my works published. Ho hum!
8. Last but certainly not least. My fab girlfriend Becky is pregnant with our first child! Woohoo! Accepting suggestions for names 🙂